Over the last couple of days I’ve managed to make some progress with the alarm. This afternoon the remote start worked for the first time! There’s something a bit creepy about watching a car start itself with nobody sat in it.
I’ve still got a few things left to wire in:
- Parking lights (they flash when you arm or disarm, and light up when the engine is running)
- The alarm sounder (I also need to find a space for it under the bonnet)
- The door open switches
- The boot and bonnet switches
- The vibration sensor (needs mounting on the bodywork somewhere)
- Boot open solenoid (needs some thought…)
- Probably some other stuff
There is no remote boot release on my car, but I’ve got a spare solenoid that might work… that’s the last job though when the rest of it is installed.